- Dr. Zimmet was selected by his peers to be included among the Best Doctors in American 2001-2012 Database. Best Doctors draws from the expertise of 46,000 renowned physicians, representing the top 5% of physicians and affiliations with the top medical institutions across the country. For 20 years, they have conducted the largest continuous peer-to-peer survey, monitoring current licensure, board certification and malpractice incidents, as well as evaluating specific expertise including special research and published work.
- Dr. Zimmet was awarded the American College of Phlebology Leadership Award, bestowed upon persons “who have demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities, traits and skills and substantially made a difference in advancing the mission and vision of the ACP and the Phlebology community as a whole.”
- Dr. Zimmet was named by Vein Magazine as one of the 25 most influential professionals in vein care worldwide. Voting was done by physicians nationally and internationally who also care for patients with vein disease.
- Dr. Zimmet is North American Editor for Phlebology, the Journal of Venous Disease.
- Dr. Zimmet was invited to serve on the Advisory Board of the International Union of Phlebology, with medical associations on venous disease from 35 countries.
- Dr. Zimmet has been named a Fellow Emeritus of the Australasian College of Phlebology. This is awarded by invitation only for long and distinguished service to the specialty of phlebology.
- Dr. Zimmet was awarded the First Place Platinum Abstract Award at the 16th Annual Congress of the American College of Phlebology.
- Dr. Zimmet is a Past President of the American College of Phlebology.
- Dr. Zimmet was the Inaugural Chairman of the American College of Phlebology Foundation.
- Physicians from around the US and other countries visit Dr. Zimmet for training.
- Dr. Zimmet was in the first class to be invited to become a Fellow of the American College of Phlebology.
- Dr. Zimmet helped develop the technique of EndoVenous Laser Treatment (EVLT™) of varicose veins and was involved in obtaining FDA approval for this technique.
- Dr. Zimmet recieved a Research Award in 1992 from the North American Society of Phlebology for outstanding research in the field of Phlebology.
Facial lines caused by facial expression are called “hyperfunctional facial lines”. Contractions of facial muscles scrunch the skin and can, over time, damage the collagen and cause promin...
As our skin ages, it loses support and volume. This leads to the formation of wrinkles and folds. Dermal fillers are commonly used to reduce or eliminate wrinkles, smooth depressed scars, enhance lips...
While there is no known cure for rosacea, a combination of treatments can often be used to effectively diminish its appearance. Rosacea treatment options include individualized skin care, topical medi...