- Dr. Zimmet was selected by his peers to be included among the Best Doctors in American 2001-2012 Database. Best Doctors draws from the expertise of 46,000 renowned physicians, representing the top 5% of physicians and affiliations with the top medical institutions across the country. For 20 years, they have conducted the largest continuous peer-to-peer survey, monitoring current licensure, board certification and malpractice incidents, as well as evaluating specific expertise including special research and published work.
- Dr. Zimmet was awarded the American College of Phlebology Leadership Award, bestowed upon persons “who have demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities, traits and skills and substantially made a difference in advancing the mission and vision of the ACP and the Phlebology community as a whole.”
- Dr. Zimmet was named by Vein Magazine as one of the 25 most influential professionals in vein care worldwide. Voting was done by physicians nationally and internationally who also care for patients with vein disease.
- Dr. Zimmet is North American Editor for Phlebology, the Journal of Venous Disease.
- Dr. Zimmet was invited to serve on the Advisory Board of the International Union of Phlebology, with medical associations on venous disease from 35 countries.
- Dr. Zimmet has been named a Fellow Emeritus of the Australasian College of Phlebology. This is awarded by invitation only for long and distinguished service to the specialty of phlebology.
- Dr. Zimmet was awarded the First Place Platinum Abstract Award at the 16th Annual Congress of the American College of Phlebology.
- Dr. Zimmet is a Past President of the American College of Phlebology.
- Dr. Zimmet was the Inaugural Chairman of the American College of Phlebology Foundation.
- Physicians from around the US and other countries visit Dr. Zimmet for training.
- Dr. Zimmet was in the first class to be invited to become a Fellow of the American College of Phlebology.
- Dr. Zimmet helped develop the technique of EndoVenous Laser Treatment (EVLT™) of varicose veins and was involved in obtaining FDA approval for this technique.
- Dr. Zimmet recieved a Research Award in 1992 from the North American Society of Phlebology for outstanding research in the field of Phlebology.
Abdominoplasty – This operation is also called a “tummy tuck,” but don’t be fooled by the cute name. Abdominoplasty is a major surgical procedure that flattens the belly by removing excess...
Biologics are a class of medications that have become an important treatment option for psoriasis. A biologic medication may be prescribed for a person whose psoriasis is: moderate to severe cannot be...
The regular use of sunscreen is a critical step for reducing the risk of developing skin cancer and preventing the premature aging of the skin caused by sun exposure. Despite what we know about the ha...